The state of Odisha has launched a groundbreaking initiative, the “Odisha Mo Jungle Jami Yojana,” aimed at granting basic rights to scheduled tribes and forest inhabitants. Also known as the My Forest Land Scheme, this program endeavors to bridge the gaps between forest communities by providing legal recognition and ownership of forest land. In this comprehensive article, we delve into the highlights, objectives, features, benefits, implementation process, eligibility criteria, required documents, and application procedures related to the Odisha Mo Jungle Jami Yojana.
Odisha Mo Jungle Jami Yojana 2023
Initiated by the government of Odisha, the Mo Jungle Jami Yojana stands as a pioneering effort to secure fundamental rights for the state’s scheduled tribes and forest dwellers. The program, launched on the International Day of the World Indigenous Peoples, seeks to provide better amenities such as water facilities, schools, transportation, and healthcare to forest settlements and indigenous communities. With a focus on integration into mainstream society, the scheme aims to uplift the standard of living and food security for the recipients.
Highlights of Odisha Mo Jungle Jami Yojana
- Name: Odisha Mo Jungle Jami Yojana
- Initiated by: Government of Odisha
- State: Odisha
- Beneficiaries: Forest Dwellers and Scheduled Tribes
- Objective: To provide Basic Rights
- Application Process: Online / Offline
Objective of Odisha Mo Jungle Jami Yojana
The primary objective of the scheme is to empower recipients with enhanced means of subsistence and food security. Through the granting of ownership of forest land, the Odisha State Forest Rights Scheme enables individuals and communities to utilize the land for their benefit. The program also ensures the availability of forest resources, promoting sustainable use. In addition to property titles, the state government commits to providing essential services such as water supplies, road connectivity, and facilities for education and healthcare.
Features of Odisha Mo Jungle Jami Yojana
The key features of the Odisha Mo Jungle Jami Yojana include:
- Assisting Forest Communities: The scheme aims to provide improved facilities to forest communities and indigenous villages.
- Granting Fundamental Rights: The program focuses on granting fundamental rights to eligible individuals and communities.
- Encouraging Utilization: Recipients are encouraged to utilize the program for their benefit, promoting self-sustainability.
Benefits of Odisha Mo Jungle Jami Yojana
The scheme offers a range of benefits, including:
- Improved Livelihood and Food Security: Beneficiaries will experience improved livelihoods and enhanced food security.
- Enhanced Infrastructure: Water infrastructure, schools, transportation, and healthcare services will be improved for tribal and forest populations.
- Integration into Mainstream Society: The program aims to integrate indigenous populations into mainstream society.
- Land Ownership: The Mo Jangal Jami Yojana grants both individual and community access to forest community rights.
The state of Odisha encompasses approximately 53,845 communities, with 32,562 included in the central FRA network. There are around 62 different tribal castes, including 13 Particularly Vulnerable Tribal Groups (PVTGs). As of the 2011 census, approximately 9.5 million tribal people reside in the state, constituting 22.85% of Odisha’s total population. The tribal population occupies nearly 35,739 square km of land in the state.
The Odisha State Forest Rights Scheme received a budgetary allocation of Rs 26 crore for the financial year 2023–2024. Notably, Odisha became the first state to acknowledge the State Forest Rights Scheme during the budget announcement.
Implementation of Odisha Mo Jungle Jami Yojana
To ensure successful implementation, the state government has established District-level Forest Right Cells with a strong emphasis on monitoring and reviewing the scheme. Forest Rights are announced during Gram Sabhas in villages, ensuring widespread awareness and participation.
Eligibility Criteria for Odisha Mo Jungle Jami Yojana
To be eligible for the Mo Jungle Jami Scheme, applicants must:
- Be citizens of Odisha.
- Include PVTGs and single women as eligible beneficiaries.
- Belong to scheduled tribes and reside in forest areas.
Required Documents to Apply
Essential documents for the scheme include:
- Passport size photo
- Mobile Number
- Aadhaar Card
- Permanent Certificate
- Caste Certificate
- Income Certificate
Application Procedure for Odisha Mo Jungle Jami Yojana
The government of Odisha is yet to launch the official website for the Odisha Mo Jungle Jami Yojana. However, both online and offline submissions will be accepted. Interested individuals are encouraged to stay updated for further announcements on the official website.